Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anon5
    • Jul 2009

WiFi Booster for Comcast WCG 200 Modem/Router

We have a Comcast (linksys) WCG 200 Modem/Router. We live in a townhouse with many internal walls and three levels, and the wireless signal does not transmit from the lower level where the modem is located to the upper levels. We were looking at the WiFi 750mw booster amplifier. Do you have any experience using it with the Linksys WCG 200 and has it extended the signal from floor to floor? Thanks.
  • NickDBLG

It’s hard to tell if this would work for you or not since it’s really impossible to tell just how bad the levels in your house are shielding the RF signal (every home is different and other issues such as RF interference come into play in addition to differences in house construction). We do have a 30-day refund policy should this not work for you.

Also you need to determine what version WCG200 you have or what antenna port type the version you have uses. The 750mW amplifier here http://www.rfwel.com/shop/750mW-WiFi...Amplifier.html comes in either RP-TNC or RP-SMA but we do have additional adapters here to convert to the right type: http://www.rfwel.com/signal_improvem...n_adapters.php
    Let me know if you have additional questions/clarifications.

Comment

• anon5
      • Jul 2009

Got it and installed it and impressed that everything works flawlessly. We can pick up a signal all over the house. nothing else has come close. thanks.

Comment

• Kasandra Templet
        • Jul 2011

[QUOTE=NickDBLG;1783]It’s hard to tell if this would work for you or not since it’s really impossible to tell just how bad the levels in your house are shielding the RF signal (every home is different and other issues such as RF interference come into play in addition to differences in house construction). We do have a 30-day refund policy should this not work for you.

Also you need to determine what version WCG200 you have or what antenna port type the version you have uses. The 750mW amplifier here I've tried WPA/WPA2 with TKIP and AES. None of these combinations worked. Are you using WEP by chance? I really don't want to compromise my wireless network security by switching to WEP because of this.

Comment

• thuor
          Wireless Support
          • Oct 2006

Works with both WEP and WPA - 64/128-bit WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
          WiFi Protect Access WPA-WPA2 (AES, 64, 128, 156-bit WEP with shared key protect access). Does it work with WEP and fail for WPA or have you not tried WEP at all?
          KF7RCQ

Comment

Working...